Camden, Maine, July 11, 2014 – Camden National Bank celebrated and honored the extraordinary efforts of its employees at the company’s Stakeholder Appreciation Event, held at the Augusta Civic Center on Wednesday, June 18. The annual event draws hundreds of employees from the bank’s 44 locations across the state and recognizes exceptional commitment to customer service and the core values of the organization: honesty and integrity, trust, service, responsibility and excellence.
"Camden National Bank believes in providing meaningful experiences for its customers, and knows that it all starts with our employees whose dedication and energy sets us apart. This annual event lets us celebrate their remarkable accomplishments as well as show our gratitude for their hard work.” said Greg Dufour, president and chief executive officer of Camden National Bank.
Awards presented over the course of the evening honored individuals for their commitment to service to customers, fellow employees, shareholders, the community, and the overall success of Camden National. This year’s recipients included: Susan Van Allen (Bangor, Exchange St.), Angie Snow (Auburn), Tena Wallace (Main office, Camden), Betsy Maguire (Stakeholder Development Center), Cindy Dines (Customer Assistance Center), Danny Jackson (Waldoboro), and Penny Johnson (Loan Servicing).
- Commitment to Core Values: Susan Van Allen, senior teller at the Bangor Exchange St. branch, received this year’s Commitment to Core Values Award. Allen has been with the company for ten years and was recognized for dedication to the Company’s core values through the service of her customers.
- Commitment to the Customer: Angie Snow, branch manager in Auburn, received the Commitment to the Customer Award for her positive, “can-do” attitude and ability to go above and beyond and provide an exceptional customer experience. Snow is instrumental in the day to day success of the branch she works in and always keeps the customer experience top of mind.
- Commitment to Internal Service: Tena Wallace, personal banker and senior customer service and sales consultant at the main office in Camden, received the Commitment to Internal Service Award to recognize her commitment to the success of her fellow employees. Wallace works through obstacles with a positive attitude and engages the knowledge of others to quickly solve problems and gain consensus in her day to day interactions in assisting fellow employees by improving customer service.
- Commitment to the Employee: Betsy Maguire, education specialist with the Stakeholder Development Center, was recognized with the Commitment to the Employee Award for her ability to assist with internal training needs and be available to help at all times. Known as a stakeholder who will get the answer, if she doesn’t know it all ready, she meets each day with enthusiasm and professionalism and a willingness to help stakeholders in their lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Commitment to the Shareholder: Cindy Dines, Customer Assistance Center operations team leader, received the Commitment to the Shareholder Award for her willingness to go “above and beyond” at every opportunity and apply her knowledge for the betterment of the company, stakeholders, customers, and shareholders. Her work in providing exceptional service to customers directly impacts value the company provides to shareholders.
- Commitment to the Community: Danny Jackson, senior teller in Waldoboro, received this year’s Commitment to the Community Award for his contributions to the community through a variety of volunteer opportunities. Having volunteered over 150 hours to five different organizations in 2013, Jackson has shown that he is always willing to give his time and do so with enthusiasm and sincerity
- Stakeholder of the Year: Penny Johnson, assistant manager in Loan Servicing, was recognized with the prestigious award of Stakeholder of the Year for 2014. A prior recipient of the Commitment to Internal Service Award in 2013 and a recent graduate from the Horizon’s 100 Leadership Development Program, Johnson demonstrates a sincere commitment to the success of Camden National, its stakeholders, customers, community, and shareholders. She embraces her role on various project teams and consistently shows her abilities to work through a myriad of tasks and timelines with a level of calmness and clarity.
Dufour concluded, “I count myself as extremely lucky to work with such wonderful and dedicated individuals. Each one of our stakeholders embodies the bank’s commitment to world class customer service and community values.”
About Camden National Bank
Camden National Bank is a full-service community bank with a network of 44 banking offices throughout Maine, employing more than 480 Maine residents. Camden National Corporation is the holding company of two financial services companies including, Camden National Bank and the wealth management company, Acadia Trust, N.A. Acadia Trust offers investment management and fiduciary services with offices in Portland and Ellsworth. Located at Camden National Bank, Camden Financial Consultants offers full-service brokerage and insurance services. Learn more at www.CamdenNational.com. Member FDIC.