We honored board members who effectively used inspiration, creativity and ingenuity in board governance.
At our Leaders & Luminaries Award Luncheon on November 10th, we awarded four Leaders & Luminaries winners with $5,000 for their nonprofits, and two "Emerging Board Leaders" with $1,000 for each of their respective organizations. We came together to celebrate the impact of Maine's nonprofit community and its outstanding leaders in 2016.
We're inspired by this year's award recipients:
- Richard Corbin, M.D., of Oasis Free Clinics in Brunswick
- Sharon Goguen, M.Ed., of Broadreach Family & Community Services in Belfast
- Elizabeth McLellan, RN, MSN, MPH, of Partners for World Health in South Portland
- Allan Teel, M.D., of ElderCare Network of Lincoln County in Damariscotta
- Emerging Board Leaders - Annemarie Albiston of Aphasia Center of Maine in Carrabassett Valley and Katie Wallace of The Locker Project in Portland.
Presented through The Bank of Maine Charitable Foundation, the Leaders & Luminaries awards have contributed $85,000 in total donations to help strengthen Maine's nonprofit community since 2011. Thank you for being a part of this fantastic effort.
Learn more about our award winners.
See what else we're doing in our community!
Previous Award Recipients
Catherine Powers, Bath Housing Authority
Harris J. (Pete) Bixler, Bay Chamber Concerts
William Branch, Kennebec Behavioral Health
Lynn Gierie, Robbie Foundation
Emerging Board Leader - Rebekah Smith, Maine Women’s Policy Center
Doug Cutchin, Mid-Maine Homeless Shelter
Sandra Caron, Community Library
Melissa Lin, Portland School of Ballet
William Bridgeo, Kennebec Valley YMCA
Emerging Board Leader - Susan Koch, Wayfinder Schools
Emerging Board Leader - Richard Barnard, St. Croix No. 1 Firehouse Association
Dr. Vernon L. Moore, Counseling Services Inc.
Mr. Norm Rodrigue, Kennebec Land Trust
Dr. Barbara Covey, M.D., Kennebec Valley Dental Coalition
Mr. Thomas B. Wright, Seeds of Independence
Ms. Susan Brackett, The Opera House of Boothbay Harbor
Mr. Peter Burbank, (in Memoriam), Maranacook Education Foundation
Mr. Horace H. Walton, (in Memoriam), York Hospital