Benefit of the chip
What a little chip can do
- Protects your account from fraud, when used for in-store purchases everywhere that chip technology is in use
- Easy to use – at home and abroad. Wherever you go, you have a more secure and accepted way to pay
Have questions about your chip card? Check out our chip card FAQ.
Real time fraud monitoring
Your card transactions are monitored 24/7, 365 days a year for:
- Purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns
- Unusual time frames and geographic locations
- Purchase patterns that are consistent with trends of previously identified fraud
Contacting you quickly is critical
If our fraud monitoring systems detect suspicious activity on your account we’ll attempt to contact you to confirm whether you authorized the transactions. For the fastest resolution, you can respond directly to our Fraud Center, who may contact you in one of these ways:
- Text short code 328-74
- Recorded message or live phone calls from 800-417-4592
Important: Our Fraud Center will never ask you to provide your account number or password.
You can help
Call us at 800-860-8821 , or send us a secure message in online banking, to:
- Confirm the best cell and home phone numbers for you
- Let us know if you have any upcoming travel plans; specifically if your card will be used outside of your normal patterns
- Notify us right away if you suspect fraud on your account. Zero liability 1 means that you won’t be held liable for the unauthorized use of your debit card if you notify the bank quickly so we can help.
1 Please refer to your Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure for information on liability for unauthorized transactions.