As your financial partner, we take protecting your account and confidential information very seriously. You can bank with us from anywhere, anytime, conveniently and securely.
How You Can Protect Yourself
In addition to the security measures we take, it is important that you also safeguard your personal and financial information. Here are some steps to help you:
- Know your billing cycles and watch for any missing bills or mail. Review your bills and statements on a regular bas is for any unusual activity and report any discrepancies immediately.
- Guard your mail and trash from theft.
- Shred any financial solicitations or other bank statements before disposing of them.
- Report lost or stolen checks or credit/debit cards immediately.
- Do not give out personal information or account numbers over the phone during an unsolicited call.
- Notify your bank immediately of suspicious phone inquiries or emails such as those asking to verify personal account information.
- Keep your Social Security number safe and don't give it out unless you know the person or organization you are dealing with.
- Check your credit report annually. To request your credit report, contact one of the three credit reporting agencies at:
Equifax — www.equifax.com or 800-685-1111
Experian — www.experian.com or 888-397-3742
Trans Union — www.transunion.com or 877-322-8228
These three national credit reporting agencies sponsor www.annualcreditreport.com, where you can request copies of your credit report from all three reporting agencies at one time.
Debit/ATM Card Safety
- When using an ATM or paying with a debit card, make sure no one is “shoulder surfing” to see your PIN number.
- Do not write your PIN number on your card or carry this number in your wallet.
- Photocopy the fronts and backs of all credit and debit cards and keep these photocopies in a safe place. Should your wallet or purse ever be stolen, you will know how to quickly access this information to cancel your cards.
- Keep track of ATM/debit card/credit card receipts. Never throw them in a public trash receptacle; tear them up or shred them once you no longer need them
- When conducting business online, use a secure browser that encrypts or scrambles purchase information and make sure your browser’s padlock or key icon is active.
- Notify your bank immediately of email inquiries such as those asking to verify personal account information. We will never request your account number or password via email.
- Never write down your username and password on or close to your computer.
- Do not send sensitive account or personal information via regular email.
If you suspect an attempt has been made to fraudulently obtain your personal or account information, or you have been a victim of identity theft, take the following steps immediately:
Contact the fraud departments of the three national credit reporting agencies:
- Equifax — www.equifax.com or 800-685-1111
- Experian — www.experian.com or 888-397-3742
- Trans Union — www.transunion.com or 877-322-8228
- Inform your credit issuers immediately (banks, credit card companies).
- File a police report with your local law enforcement.
If you receive a call or email you suspect to be fraudulent, take the following steps:
- Write down any phone numbers given out by the caller and print out copies of any suspect emails or letters you receive.
- Contact your credit issuers immediately (banks, credit card companies).
- Remember: Do not give out sensitive information (including Social Security numbers, account numbers, user names/passwords) over the phone or Internet.
What is Secure Email System?
Camden National Bank's secure email system is an email encryption service that allows Camden National Bank to securely deliver sensitive or confidential information to you via email. It is encrypted (secured) and sent to you through our Echoworx portal. With secure email, we can quickly and privately send statements, lending documents, and other important confidential information to you in an encrypted format, thereby protecting your information in a highly secure manner. Additionally, you the customer can respond and send us information knowing that your information is kept confidential.
How do I use secure email?When sensitive information is sent to you for the first time, you will receive an email in your inbox with the following subject line: Camden National Bank Echoworx Registration Invitation. Upon opening the email, you will be prompted to use your web browser to register your Echoworx account. Registration is quick and easy and only needs to be done the first time you receive a secure email from Camden National Bank.
Once you have registered, you can use the same password over and over again.
For registration instructions, click here.
Whom do I contact if I need help?If you need to reset your Echoworx password, you can do so through the Echoworx Forgot your password option. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Assistance Center at 800-860-8821 .
Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) Electronic Security Education
Click here for more details.