Camden, Maine, December 14, 2012 – Gregory A. Dufour, president and chief executive officer of Camden National Corporation, recently recognized six officers of the company for their outstanding commitment, service and performance to the company’s customers, shareholders, communities and fellow employees.
“Each year we recognize those officers who have performed at high levels and live by the ideals and values of Camden National,” said Dufour. “These individuals display their commitment every day through their hard work, positive attitudes, enthusiasm and service. We are proud to have them as part of the Camden National team.”
The 2012 award winners are:
- Commitment to the Customer Award: Libby Arrico, commercial portfolio manager in Camden National’s Bangor office. In her role, Arrico is often the liaison between the loan underwriting department, loan officers and her customers, and she is known to look at problems from all angles to find the best outcome for all parties involved. Her top priority is to truly understand her customers so that she can best meet their needs. For being a team player who consistently provides outstanding customer service, even while working on several projects at once, Arrico received the Commitment to the Customer Award.
- Commitment to the Employee Award: Jody Landrith, corporate services officer serving business customers in the mid-coast region and located at the bank’s main office in Camden. Landrith is an innovative and knowledgeable member of the Camden National team, and she uses her depth of knowledge about the bank’s products and services to provide solutions to customers and to employees throughout the organization. She has served as a mentor for new hires, helping them navigate the company and making sure they receive the necessary training to be successful. For being patient and supportive, always following every project through to the end, and for her willingness and ability to assist her fellow employees at all levels of the organization, Landrith earned the Commitment to the Employee Award.
- Commitment to the Shareholder Award: Suzanne Cifaldo, vice president and branch operations manager based at Camden National’s Rockport service center. Cifaldo is driven to make sure that each person within the company understands the “why” behind what they do every day. This is reflected in her daily interactions with employees, as well as in her role as an instructor of Center for Financial Training (“CFT”) courses such as Principles of Banking and Law and Banking Applications, through which she has helped create a more knowledgeable and skilled workforce. Cifaldo is also committed to her own education; she is currently working on a banking diploma through CFT, and is a recent graduate of Camden National’s internal leadership development program, Horizons 200. Additionally, she is known for her ability to find inefficiencies within internal processes, and for doing what it takes to correct them. For her dedication to creating a more efficient and knowledgeable company, continually demonstrating her leadership skills and always doing the right thing, Cifaldo was honored with the Commitment to the Shareholder Award.
- Commitment to the Community Award: Jeff Charland, vice president and regional retail manager for the bank’s mid-coast region. Charland has spent his entire career volunteering, and takes a personal interest in each organization that he serves. He currently sits on the boards of the Many Flags/One Campus Foundation and the Window Dressers; serves as president and chair of Rockland Main Street, Inc.’s Organization Committee; and is a trustee, member of the Development Committee, co-chair of the Gala sub-committee and member of the Campus Operations Committee for The Farnsworth Art Museum. For his passion for volunteering, serving in a wide variety of organizations, and for being a recognized leader in his community, Charland earned the Commitment to the Community Award.
- Commitment to Core Values: Jim Batchelder, assistant vice president and security officer for Camden National. Batchelder has been instrumental in various investigations, such as the robbery attempt at Camden National’s Waldoboro branch last March and the more recent robbery at Camden National’s branch in Bingham. He works extensively with branch employees to help decrease incidences of elder abuse and identity theft, and is known for his ability to make others feel at ease during stressful situations. For living by the company’s core values, his commitment to honesty and integrity, providing guidance and direction to employees throughout the company, and his willingness to share his knowledge with others, Batchelder was presented the Commitment to Core Values Award.
- Officer of the Year: Scott Buckheit, vice president and senior technology officer for Camden National, was recognized as the Company’s Officer of the Year. Buckheit is an innovator with an ability to keep projects moving forward and a commitment to improving the company and its technology. He was recognized for his exemplary work ethic, positive attitude, and commitment to helping others both within the company and in his community. Buckheit has dedicated himself to moving the company’s technology services to the next stage while keeping all systems secure. Additionally, Buckheit is active in the community; he is a current participant of Leadership Maine and serves as a coach for the Camden Hills Regional High School girls’ soccer team.
About Camden National Corporation
Camden National Corporation, recently recognized by Forbes magazine as one of “America’s Most Trustworthy Companies,” is the holding company employing more than 500 Maine residents for two financial services companies including Camden National Bank and the wealth management company, Acadia Trust, N.A. Camden National Bank is a full-service community bank with a network of 50 banking offices throughout Maine. Acadia Trust offers investment management and fiduciary services with offices in Portland and Ellsworth. Located at Camden National Bank, Camden Financial Consultants offers full-service brokerage and insurance services. Member FDIC.