Q. What is Mobile Deposit?
A. With Mobile Deposit you can deposit a check directly into your Camden National Bank checking or savings account using the camera on your mobile device and the Camden National Mobile App.
Q. How do I get Mobile Deposit?
A. Here’s what you’ll need first:
- A Camden National Bank checking or savings account
- Online and mobile banking with Camden National
- One of the following: Android device, iPhone or iPad with a camera. Click here for technical requirements
- The most recent version of the Camden National iPhone® or Android™ App
Next, go to Services>Enroll in Mobile Deposit on the Camden National App and accept the terms and conditions. Select Deposit a Check to get started.
Note: If you already have the Camden National App, please make sure you have updated to the most recent version.
Q. How does Mobile Deposit work?
A. It's easy to use. Once logged in to the Camden National Mobile App,
- Select Deposit a Check.
- Choose the account to deposit your check into.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Capture and approve a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check with your mobile device.
- Submit your deposit.
For best results:
- Place your check on a dark-colored, plain surface that is well lit.
- Position your camera directly over the check and hold it still. If the image is blurry you may need to tap the screen of your phone to enhance the focus before capturing the image.
- Fit all four corners within the guides of your mobile device’s camera screen.
- Deposit your check when you have a strong cell or wi-fi connection.
Each check is considered a separate deposit. If your mobile deposit needs exceed the limits outlined below, please contact our Customer Assistance Center at 800-860-8821 for assistance.
Personal Mobile Deposit
10 checks daily; no more than 25 checks per month. Combined daily mobile deposits not to exceed $5,000.00 per day, and $15,000.00 per month.
Business Mobile Deposit
25 checks daily; no more than 100 checks per month. Combined daily mobile deposits not to exceed $10,000.00 per day, and $30,000.00 per month.
Q. Can I increase my Mobile Deposit limit?
A. Yes. Please contact our Customer Assistance Center at 800-860-8821 or stop by your local Camden National Bank location to request an increased Mobile Deposit limit.
Q. Do I need to endorse the check?
A. Yes. All checks deposited, regardless of how they are deposited, are required to have a signature. We recommend writing "For Mobile Deposit Only" under your signature.
Q. Do I need a deposit slip?
A. No. A virtual deposit slip will automatically be created when your mobile deposit is approved, and will be available to view in online banking when your funds are in your account.
Q. What should I do with my paper check after using Mobile Deposit?
A. Please keep the check for 14 days, in case we need to verify any of the information, and then dispose of it securely.
You may wish to write "Mobile Deposit" on the front of the check as a reminder to yourself.
Q. How do I know that Mobile Deposit is secure?
A. We use advanced encryption and security technology:
- Online banking credentials are not stored on your mobile device.
- Check images are not stored on your mobile device.
- You view accounts by nicknames you can define, or by the last 4 digits of the account number.
- Advanced encryption technology masks your sensitive information.
Remember to always sign off when you finish using the Camden National App.
Q. What types of checks can I deposit?
A. You can deposit checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. bank, including personal, business, and government checks. Checks must be payable to, and endorsed by, the account holder.
Q. Will any portion of the funds that I deposit with Mobile Deposit be available immediately?
A. No. If you require immediate access to a portion of the funds, please deposit your check at one of our SMART ATMs or in your local branch
Q. When will I see my check in my account?
A. A check that you deposit via Mobile Deposit will not appear in your online banking transactions until the funds are in your account.
Q. When will my mobile deposits be available?
|For deposits approved
||Funds are generally available
|Before 7 p.m. EST business days
||On the next business day after the day of your deposit
|After 7 p.m. EST business days
||On the 2nd business day after the day of your deposit
||On the 2nd business day after the day of your deposit
Business days are Monday through Friday except holidays.
Q. Will I be able to see my check image in online banking?
A. No. Your check image will appear in your mobile deposit history on your app. A virtual deposit ticket will be available to view in online banking once the funds are available.
Q. Why does my check capture keep failing?
- If the image is blurred, you may need to tap the screen to enhance the focus before capturing the image. Hold the camera steady and directly over the check.
- Ensure you have a strong data or wi-fi connection.
- Make sure that you are placing your check on a dark-colored, plain surface with good lighting.
Q. How will I know if there is a problem with my mobile deposit after I submit it?
A. If a problem arises with your deposit, you will receive an email stating that “Your Mobile Deposit was Returned.” Please contact our Customer Assistance Center at 800-860-8821 for further information about why your deposit was not successful.
It may be necessary to bring the check to a Camden National Bank ATM or location for processing.
Q. Why would my check be returned?
A. A common reason is poor image quality and a check that cannot be read. If you have deposited a check through Mobile Deposit that has been returned, please contact the Customer Assistance Center at 800-860-8821 for the reason. It may be necessary to bring the check to a Camden National Bank ATM or branch for deposit.
A check submitted for Mobile Deposit that has been returned cannot be re-submitted for Mobile Deposit. The check must be deposited at a Camden National Bank ATM or branch.
Q. How do I change the email address that my Mobile Deposit notifications are sent to?
A. To update your email address, please go to Settings>Profile on your app.
Q. Are there fees for using Mobile Deposit?
A. There are no fees for Camden National's Personal or Business Online Banking customers to use Mobile Banking or Mobile Deposit. Please check with your wireless provider about carrier and web access charges.
- Operating System — iOS (version 5.0+) or AndroidOS (version 2.3+)
- Camera Specs — Rear-facing, 1.9+ megapixel resolution (for mobile RDC)
- Connectivity — 3G/Wi-Fi